Today I stumbled up a cool little gadget that I’ve seen before, but never really gave much thought about – the Flip MinoHD. The first time I saw one in action was on New Years Eve at my cousin Stephanie’s wedding. A close friend of her husband was walking around with (what looked to me) like his cell phone. As I held onto my trusty Camcorder, I snickered – “what kind of quality can he possibly get out of that video”….I love when I’m proved wrong. Flip Video MinoHD Camcorder, 60 Minutes (Black) is one of the coolest new products I’ve seen on the market – and I just begged my wife to buy it for me for my birthday. Considering we have a 9 month old – the options are endless. I hope this baby will live up to the claims regarding quality. If the images are good, I can see myself ditching my trusty camcorder and making a full migration to the Flip Video MinoHD Camcorder, 60 Minutes (Black) It can hold up to 60 minutes of video (just like my camcorder), and it’s a fraction of the size. Great for a new dad that’s loaded down with diaper bags and the like.
If anyone has one, I’d love to learn more about he quality of the images you’ve shot? Thanks!
This afternoon I had a great lunch meeting with my good friend and former colleague Alex Baydin. Al’s the CEO of Performline. He and his team are having a great start to their year, and we had a great “catch up” lunch. I was in the best mood after I left our meeting. It always gets me fired up to see good people doing big things- kudos to the Performline team.
On my way back downtown to the office, I was feeling energized. I called my wife and then hopped onto the 1 train back down to Houston Street from 23rd. When I sat down I saw an older, somewhat downtrodden black gentleman sitting directly across from me. He had slumped shoulders and was looking down at the ground. I had a smile on my face, and when he picked up his head and made eye contact with me – of course I offered this gentlemen a smile. He immediately sat up straight, smiled back and pulled out a pad and pencil – and began to sketch me.
A few people sitting around us realized what was happening and started to smile. I looked at them and said “I guess I should keep smiling”…they laughed and the gentleman continued to sketch. We stopped at 18th, then 14th, – the person who had been sitting next to me got off and smiled at us both. A new person got on at 14th and sat next to me – when she realized what was happening she smiled and we both chuckled a bit. When we got to Christopher street you could see his
drawing come together – I was getting off at the next stop so I stood up next to the gentleman and placed my hand on his shoulder . I held my hand on him, leaned down and said “that looks great”…a woman next to me prepared to get off at the same stop said “is that supposed to be you”? I said ” I believe so” and with that the man signed the sketch, ripped it off his clipboard and handed it to me over his shoulder with a smile. I took it, said thank you smiled back – and got off the train.
Behold the power of a Smile. You gotta love New York City – and you gotta love life.
Check it out:
1. My wife Laura – I paid her $50 if she could last 1/2 hour without talking last night (seriously, she won and I was a happy man to pay up)…but I love that woman. Plus we laugh together….all the time..
2. My daughter Talia
– Feel the touch of a 9 month olds open hand on your cheek and feel the hand of God.
3. My home – I worked my buns off to provide a home for my family, and although it’s no palace, it’s a great place, and I feel like I enter the “no stress zone” every time I come home at night.
4. My family – I actually CHOSE to live in the same town as my brother. Crazy right? Wrong. He and his gorgeous family rule. We all dig spending our Sundays together, and we even invite my PARENTS! For my Mother’s 60th Birthday we’re sending my parents to Sciacca, Sicily – the town of origin for my Mother’s family. Family is EVERYTHING. We surprised her. Priceless..
5. My job – I work with some of the smartest people in the online world, and they’re nice to me. Not sure what I did to deserve that?
Life is good people. take a minute to list your top 5…I promise, you’ll feel great afteward!