Your VP just ran to you in a panic after reading that Facebook had hit 200 million users “We NEED to develop an application and get on Facebook”! As a good employee and student of the Social Media world, you went out, hired someone to develop the application. The application is launched and everyone is happy. You send the application to your boss on Facebook, he shares it with his friends, and everyone is happy, right?
Well, sort of. After a few weeks your boss asks you “how’s the application doing? You say “what do you mean”? The application is…well the application right? We followed the rules; we’re interacting with our consumers on Facebook. We GET Social Media….WRONG.
Relevant actions that your consumer can take within your application to gage success:
- Contest/Sweeps Entries – Perfect for companies like Bluefly, Coke (my coke rewards), Publishers Clearing house etc.
- Coupons Downloaded/redeemed
- Games played
- Videos Viewed
- Uploads (e.g. images, videos)
- Poll Votes
- Messages sent (*e.g bulletins, Updates, Emails, Alerts)
- Invites sent
- Newsfeed items posted
- Comments Posted
- Friends Reached
- Topics/forums created
- Number of Group Members or Fans
- Reposts *”Shares”