It’s that time of year again, when you make promises you can’t keep, over commit to Gym time, work hours, and time spent on that novel you started Freshman year in College. After setting to work on my own list of New Years Resolutions, I thought it may be valuable to scour the Internet and aggregate a few of my favorite lists from the on line advertising world. Take a look:
Media Post did something different this year, and offer New Year’s Resolutions for Hispanic Marketers; HERE
Adotas is always insightful. Take a look at their resolutions. All of which I agree with. If I were to put them in order of importance, I’d list
Better Engage Users Through Social Interaction as my number one
Kudos to the team at Adotas. I believe their list is one of the most comprehensive I could find.
Here are my 5 Resolutions for 2009:
1. Listen to our users more. The Alot.com brand is a phenomenal product. We need to break down walls and allow our users to give us feedback about the product. This will allow for champions for the Alot.com brand, and provide a forum for us to share information.
2. Continue to be the “white hat” provider of downloadable toolbars. We have a strong relationship with Google, Truste Certification, and will continue to develop and cultivate strong working relationships.
3. Test, test test. Our team has so many great ideas that will enhance our users experiences that it behooves us to test everything.
4. Continue to pay attention to ROI. It’s easy to get caught up in big deals attached to big dollar signs. If there’s no attention to ROI, we’re shooting ourselves in the foot.
5. Stay focused. As we grow and continue to generate revenue, it’s easy to rest on your laurels. We need to stay focused and push each other (especially in such a volatile economic environment.