In a recent post regarding Daniel Pink’s new book A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the FutureI committed to reading the book. I lied. Sort of. I downloaded the audiobook
I’ve been enjoying everything about this book. Daniel Pinkis certainly capturing the essence of something that I feel is changing the world we live in. Not only are some of his ideas fresh and new, but he’s presented them in a manner that will silence critics. I’m encouraged that a movement toward giving right brained thinkers more respect and accolades indicates that our culture is growing as a collective.
Here are the list of 6 senses that describes as being key differentiators for our future leaders. I’ve already touched on these in past posts, but after hearing the audiobook, I feel they’re worth reiterating;
1. Design - A Movement beyond function
2. Story -Those that will succeed need to not only present an argument, but they must add persuasive narrative
3. Symphony - I love the sound of this one – Putting all of these pieces together and seeing the big picture
4. Empathy - Extending beyond just logic
5. Play Pink regards play with as much esteem as other traits – indicating that games and humor must play a role in our lives.
6. Meaning - Pink references research of college students who instead of articulating an interest to make boat loads of money when asked what they want to do – they speak of making a difference – having purpose – and contributing to the greater good.
I’m sure I’ll provide more from Pink’s book
I’m fascinated, and encouraged at the same time.